What Classes Can You Take?

What classes can you take at Dimond? You can take an assortment of classes at Dimond, and it can be quite difficult to choose what classes you want to take. 

You are required to take your core classes to graduate, but what about your elective classes? You get two elective classes each year, so I’ve written out a list of some electives you can take. Keep in mind while you get two electives each year, you will need 1.5 Physical Education credits which count as one of your electives. 

A World language class is always a good option if you don’t have anything you find interesting for an elective, or just want to study a language. French, German, Japanese, and Spanish are the language classes available at Dimond. Engineering can be a really fun option if you like to problem solve and make things. Art is a fun elective that you can take for all 4 years of high school. If you like music, maybe band or orchestra is right for you. Maybe you like to sing, if so, you could consider the choir. Maybe you have thought about wanting to write for the school newspaper and could consider journalism. If you like taking pictures and conducting short interviews, yearbook might be a good option as well. If you like computers you could take a class on computers. These are just some of the electives you take at Dimond as you go to the next grade level. You can take more elective classes later on because for some classes you have to be at a higher grade level to take them.